“Money Magic! Share, Spend and Save at Your Credit Union” is the official theme for this year’s National Credit Union Youth Month.
This whimsical theme makes it fun for kids to save for their future and helps them find joy in setting aside a little money for everyday spending and helping others. This year’s imagery centers on five kid-friendly characters:
- Save, represented by a piggy bank pig named Penelope (Penny for short) who is always dreaming of the future
- Spend, represented by a flamingo named Pinky who seizes the day and celebrates life by treating them self from time to time.
- Share, represented by a unicorn named Hope who spreads joy by helping others.
- Invest, represented by a bear named Benny who thinks about their future and invests at their credit union.
- Budget, represented by a penguin named Prudence who pays their bills and keeps a fine spreadsheet of needed expenses.