Whether you are saving for a special purchase, the holidays, a second honeymoon, or your retirement, G.A.P. FCU is here to help you with various savings plans to meet your particular needs. The choice is yours!
Regular Share Account – Required to open first at G.A.P. FCU, you then become a valued member of our credit union family. A minimum balance of $5.00 is required. Dividends are paid on balances of $50.00 or more.
Federal Regulation D – Impacts the number of transfers G.A.P. FCU may allow on your deposit (savings) accounts. Click here for more information.
To open any of the following Special Share “sub” accounts, simply contact any one of our offices.
- Special Share Accounts – Treated just like your regular share account, but kept separately for vacations, taxes, insurances, or just a “rainy day”.
There is no minimum balance required, and deposits and/or withdrawals are at your discretion. Contact us today and start saving for that something “special”.
- Christmas Club Accounts – Don’t be a Grinch next Christmas because you didn’t open a Christmas Club! Start Now! It’s never too late! Deposits can be made at either of our offices, by mail, or by payroll deduction. Fund Transfers are done each year the third week in October.
The funds can be mailed to you, held for you to pick up at our office, or transferred to your account.
- Share Certificates (CDs) – Looking for ways to make more money safely? G.A.P. FCU’s CDs are a federally insured way to do just that.
A minimum deposit of $500 is required to open and you can choose from a variety of terms and interest rates.
Dividends are paid monthly or quarterly depending on the term, and can be mailed to you, or deposited directly to your certificate or share account.
A penalty will be charged if funds are withdrawn before certificate matures.
- Money Market Share Accounts – G.A.P. FCU Money Market Accounts allow you to earn higher dividends without limiting accessibility to your funds.
These funds are federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration up to a total of $250,000.00 for all shares. Rates are reviewed and can change on a monthly basis. Money Market Accounts have a few stipulations/requirements:
- Minimum balance to open: $1,000
- Minimum withdrawal or transfer amount: $500
- Transaction Limits: A maximum of three (3) withdrawals or transfers per month are permitted. If the transfer limitations are exceeded, your account may be closed