G.A.P. FCU originally started out as Cambria County U.S. Employees Federal Credit Union in 1936. They operated out of a cash box on the first floor of the Johnstown Post Office building, and was renamed to Johnstown, PA Post Office Employees Federal Credit Union in 1941.
In July of 1996 is when Government and Postal Federal Credit Union (G.A.P. FCU) was officially voted to change the name to better fit the expanding field of memberships. Since that time, we have added three (3) more branches to keep servicing out members conveniently.
Our knowledgeable Member Service Representatives continue to make our members financial transactions as easy and convenient as possible. Our Financial Counselors can help members achieve their financial goals by guiding them to make wiser decisions about their finances in order to build a stronger foundation for their futures.